Jobs at:Aga Khan Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
23 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AGA KHAN HOSPITAL, KISUMU
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Vacancy No: AKHK/MDPC/001 .
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: The Successful candidate will be responsible for provision and promotion of Mental Health and well-being, counselling, education and guidance services to staff and clients of Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu.
• Develop and track the Hospital’s annual counselling objectives.
• Review, formulate and implement policies and guidelines that promote counselling services in AKHK.
• Implement, monitor and report on counselling services at the Hospital.
• Evaluate clients ‘counseling needs.
• Evaluate and report on effectiveness of the counselling care plans.
• Design educative sessions for the public on Psycho-social issues.
• Conduct educative and awareness forums (CMEs) for staffs.
• Degree in Counselling and Psychology from a recognized institution.
• Registration by relevant regulatory authority/body.
• At least one year of experience in Mental Health and wellbeing, counselling and testing, preferably in a secondary care Hospital setting.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines.
• Confidentiality and integrity in the profession.
• Listening skills.
• Sensitivity and empathy.
• Ability to cope with emotional situations.
• Ability to relate with a wide range of people.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before Friday, 23rd April 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for i.e., “COUNSELLOR AKHK/MDPC/001”.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, or medical examination.
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.