Communications Officer (USAID HealthIT PROJECT)
Jobs at:Nairobi Enterprises and Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
26 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Communications Officer will be a part of a team that supports development of digital solutions working with the Ministry of Health and Department of Children Services. This a full-time position based in Nairobi and reporting to the Chief of Party. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that project results are collected, disseminated and communicated appropriately to different audiences. The Communications Officer will participate in the full scope of strategic communication support tasks – including the development and production of information products and publications, documentation of key activities and success stories, event coverage, field work, photography, social media management, strategy development, videography, and writing. .
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Develop and support implementation of the project’s communication strategy aligned to the USAID’s Kenya Mission Communication Strategy.
• Contribute to the professional presentation and execution of communications products and services and contribute to systems to track metrics/indicators that will translate the effectiveness of these efforts
• Maintain a clear understanding of the project’s portfolio and structure, as well as the communications objectives and communicate this information appropriately and effectively
• Be part of implementing partners’ communication network and provide feedback to the project.
• Work with project staff to document the key activities and success stories.
• Plan and implement staff communication capacity building activities
• Interpret complex, technical language and make it understandable for different audiences
• Create systems to remain updated on important news and developments in the field of coverage by engaging in social listening or subscribing to relevant news alerts or e-newsletters or other sources
• Tailor content to various audiences, if required, within the field of coverage
• Collaboratively support co-creation with Ministry of Health, Department of Children Services, USAID and implementing partners
• Participate in and contribute to presentations at quarterly coordinating, strategy and performance review meetings
• Contribute to the accountability of the project by tracking/updating content and tasks using project management and filing systems
• Be a part of the editorial and creative process, bringing new and creative ideas to the table based on expertise and research
• Contribute to the development of social media messaging and toolkits with draft messages, corresponding links and appropriate images on a regular basis as shall be required.
• Liaise with implementing partners where necessary
• Schedule and post social media content
• Facilitate compliance with branding and marking both at Nairobi office and county level.
• Assist with other activities, such as assembling materials, setting up signage, tents, etc.
• Design photography and video projects from concept to finished product
• Develop branded templates for short packages that team members can use to create “plug and play” videos for social media
• Work with management to develop and maintain systems and workflows among the team that contribute to the effective management, organization and recall of photo and video assets
• Stay abreast of current technologies and trends in photography and videography that will improve the team’s work in this area
• Lead or contribute to in-house training on basic photography/videography topics
• Coordinate all photo and video coverage across staff and consultants, reviewing for quality and completeness
• Work with social media specialists to create compelling and shareable visuals such as short videos that help the mission’s handle “stand-out” on social media.
• Work with management to ensure proper tracking and maintenance of equipment on a regular basis
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field preferred
• Minimum of five years of experience in communications, reporting or a related field
• Experience working with a USAID funded project in a communication role will be an added advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in public health and information systems strengthening
• Solid computing skills, including photo editing and desktop publishing
• Strong photo and video experience and portfolio
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download via the following link: http://unes.co.ke/home.php/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Applicants-Personal-Data-form-UNES-FM-A-022.docx) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email email@example.com Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.