Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Aga Khan Education Service
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
THE AGA KHAN EDUCATION SERVICE, KENYA (AKESK) IS CURRENTLY SEEKING TO RECRUIT A CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER.
Reporting to the AKESK CEO and dotted line to the AKES Head of Finance, the Chief Finance Officer will have the overall responsibility for directing all matters related to the financial management and functioning of AKES Kenya CAKESK), providing leadership in finance, and general administration. S/he will ensure an effective risk man, agement as well as compliance with AKES policy and professional standards across functional areas. .
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive the annual operational budget cycle of AKESK
• Review and strengthen the financial management policies, systems and processes across all units to bring about cohesion and best practice.
• Ensure that all financial management activities conform to best practices and comply with institutional policies and government legislation operating and programmatic licensing requirements
• Review the internal control and risk management systems and suggest improvements to AKES Head Office and the CEO Kenya and track the implementation of audit recommendations
• Assist the AKESK CEO to manage Board/Steering committee's relationships and to ensure statutory compliance, as and where applicable
• Review the capital projects financial reports and monitor the financial performance of AKES capital projects in Kenya and ensure an effective monitoring process,
• Assess the performance of each unit against their respective capital expenditure budgets and insure compliance with local rules and regulations, contracts and insurances.
• Support the CEO and other senior management on operational matters, and a willingness to accept additional responsibilities as and when needed by the Institution
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or Accounting from a reputable University
• ACCA or CPA.MBA or equivalent Chartered Accountant
• At least 15 years of professional experience in relevant field and having held a leadership role in a commercial or not for profit setting.
• Good understanding of and experience in preparation and submission of all finance related papers to the Committee and Board.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants can find more information on the AKDN Career Centro, www.akdn.org/careers/1708159 Closing date for applications is 30th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Educating Our Children for Life
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.