Business Finance Manager - (2100032167)
Jobs at:Standard Chartered
Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Finance Manager - (2100032167)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Provide strategic support to Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking (CCIB) Business head and the CCIB top team in developing strategy, formulating business plans and budgets, and providing robust forecasts.
• Provide relevant and analytical financial insight to help in the formulation of the strategy of the CCIB Business.
• Partner with the business in driving effective cost and investment management.
• Provide financial input and co-ordinate the formulation of the Business operating plans/budget and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends opportunities to maximise earning and minimise risk.
• Undertake the financial analysis of the Business’ monthly performance. Update Business Heads regularly on performance highlighting opportunities and potential risks.
• Assist business in analysing variance reports and variations from stated strategies at business and segment level.
• Review and monitor the business performance against Group policies for Market Risk, Liquidity Management and Local Regulatory and Statutory requirements
• Undertake regular financial analysis of new and existing products within each of the Business Divisions, highlighting the impact on business performance and the risks of such products
• Assist in the evaluation of projects which are specific to the various Business Divisions in accordance with Group and local guidelines and actively participate in their implementation
• Assist business in preparation of Project Approval requests and ensure proper follow through, tracking expenses and benefits.
• Enhance financial controls environment through improvement of existing infrastructure and capabilities.
• Ensure adherence and support compliance to International Accounting Standards (IAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Group Accounting Policies and Financial Control Policy to ensure strong corporate governance.
• Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time
• Maintain control over the finance standard systems and assist in the development of local management information systems to ensure that they are fully operational and provide accurate, adequate & relevant information to the users in a timely manner.
People and Talent
• Continues learning and self-improvement to be future ready
Assist in managing operational risk through:-
• Controls: implementing appropriate controls within the unit such that both internal policy and regulatory requirements are adequately followed.
• Risk identification and assessment: identifying risk from Key Controls Self-Assessment exceptions, Key Risk Indicators, audit points, operational losses, and near-misses, then assessing the risk and ensuring appropriate mitigating action is implemented and monitoring progress.
• Effective management of operational risk within the business Finance unit including ensuring the proper functioning of the embedded and periodic controls.
• Timely identification and escalation of risk issues within business Finance.
• Be an active participant on the Country Assets and Liabilities Committee providing relevant Business insights to help in effective Balance sheet management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Chief Financial Officer
• Head of Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking (CCIB)
• Head, CCIB Business Finance, Kenya & East Africa
• CCIB Segment Heads & Relationship Managers
• Assets & Liabilities Committee
• The business strategy of the bank
• The understanding of the financial dynamics and dimensions of the Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking business
• The building of strategy, marketing plans, budgets and forecast for the business
• The determination of the financial and management information needs and the development of management information systems within the Bank to facilitate efficient superior support to the Business.
• Interpretation of the financial performance of the business segments and ensuring that underlying factors affecting these are highlighted
• Proactive Cost and Investment management
• Ensuring compliance to Group standards
• Market Risk analysis and monitoring of exposure as per agreed Guidelines
• Staff development within Finance Division through involvement in planning/training programmes
Our Ideal Candidate
• Competency in business intelligence capabilities like Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Dataiku, SSRS etc.
• Professional qualification in Accounting & Finance like ACCA/CPA. An MBA would be an added advantage
• Over five years of working experience in a Finance department in a busy commercial environment.
• An in-depth understanding of Banking systems
• An in-depth understanding of local and Group reporting requirements.
• Ability to interact with Top Management
• Proficiency in MS Office and other Database Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access/Database)
• Good writing and presentation skills, self-motivated, innovative, confident, analytical, and personable.
• Team Player
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.