5 Maintenance Technicians
Jobs at:Marania Farm Limited
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marania Farm is an extensive, highly productive, mixed working farm in Timau, Meru County, Kenya. Marania Farm has been in existence for about 100 years, which is owned by George Murray and his family. At the end of the First World War, George Murray drew 2,600ha around the Timau-Kisima spring on the northern slopes of Mount Kenya under the soldier settler scheme. Founded in 1914, and incorporated in 1938, the agribusiness is 100% Kenyan owned and operated. Whilst arable crops and floriculture are the primary focus, Marania Farm also manages a successful forestry programme, runs a large scale dairy herd, and supports numerous thriving community development projects.
We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our farm premises. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety on all facilities. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
• Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
• Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
• Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
• Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
• Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
• Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
• Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
• Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Proven experience as maintenance technician
• At least 3 years’ experience is required
• Degree or diploma in any engineering, construction, electrical or civil
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
• Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
• Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
• Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
• Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
• Hi Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements should apply. Send us your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us before 5th October 2020.
Please indicate the position applied for on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.