Jobs at:Marania Farm Limited
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marania Farm is an extensive, highly productive, mixed working farm in Timau, Meru County, Kenya. Marania Farm has been in existence for about 100 years, which is owned by George Murray and his family. At the end of the First World War, George Murray drew 2,600ha around the Timau-Kisima spring on the northern slopes of Mount Kenya under the soldier settler scheme. Founded in 1914, and incorporated in 1938, the agribusiness is 100% Kenyan owned and operated. Whilst arable crops and floriculture are the primary focus, Marania Farm also manages a successful forestry programme, runs a large scale dairy herd, and supports numerous thriving community development projects.
We are looking for experienced light weight truck and heavy commercial vehicle Drivers to serve our supply chain and logistics department in a safe and timely manner. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
• Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
• Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
• Collect and verify delivery instructions
• Report defects, accidents or violations
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Proven work experience as a Truck Driver - either light weight or heavy commercial trucks
• Clean driving license for heavy commercial vehicles
• At least 5 years’ experience is required
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• No recent moving or driving violations
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
• Willing to submit to drug checks and provide employment recommendations
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements should apply. Send us your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us before 5th October 2020.
Please indicate the position applied for on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.